Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Google Adsense on Free Hosting Account

I’ve got this old geocities account that has quite a number of good articles. Google did mention that we’re not allowed to host other contextual advertising ads from a different company on the same page. This is where the problem comes in, what if its beyond my control? Yahoo provide free hosting inexchange for a sidebar that display contextual ads.
Is it against Google Adsense policy to have ads display on my Geocities web pages? I’ve email them and the answer is:
Thanks for your additional email regarding Google ads on Geocities sites.
Google AdSense program policy does not permit Google ads to be published on the same web page as other contextually-targeted ads. You’re welcome to place other contextually-targeted ads on web pages that do not display Google ads.
Our intent with this policy is to be as fair to our advertisers as possible and to maintain the integrity of the AdWords and AdSense programs
Blogger.com is a free blog hosting by Google, and what if they’ve decided to display contextual ads on the navbar in the near future, would it be against adsense policy to have ads on blogger.com? and What if I’m a Yahoo Publisher Network user? Am I allowed to display ads on Geocities web pages?
I’ve lost a steady source of income due to the adsense policy, the Geocities’s webpage has been around for almost 4 years and its a waste. Policies are policies, I guess I have to toe the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...