Friday, April 20, 2012

How to Start Freelancing and How to do ?

I have been working online as a freelancer for a few years now and I cannot tell you how much happy and satisfied I am! Being a freelancer I was able to work with many top business people around the world, made friends, got experience and made a lot of money. I set my own work hours and I choose whom I want to work. If you want to make money online, then think no more and start working as a freelancer.

How to Start Working As A Freelancer?

For many people who are just getting started it is very hard to know what to do and apply for. If you are a complete beginner on this field, then take a few courses before you apply. A few things you should learn before working as a freelancer:
  • Good English communication skills (Speaking is a plus)
  • Computer operating and internet browsing skills
  • Business & marketing skills
  • Job specific knowledge such as PHP/JAVA/HTML for web developers
If you don’t have the above qualifications, then please do not apply for odesk jobs, otherwise you will make it a bad experience for both your employer and the people who are bidding for the job. We don’t want to make people suffer because of your lack of knowledge.
If you know your skills and confident then go ahead and join a freelancing marketplace, build your profile and make money online.

Freelance Using oDesk

oDesk is the #1 marketplace for job seekers and employers. I started back in 2009 as a contractor and I was able to secure many contracts and repeat business through my clients. I recommend you to read this post on odesk: How to start your freelancing career at odesk

Sign Up for Elance

Elance is another top marketplace you can sign up and start working as a freelancer. Signing up for 2 places will give you enough exposure as many employers use Elance to find contractors they are looking for. In many cases my clients have asked me if I am available at Elance.

99Designs for Logo Designers

99Designs is a logo design competition website where employers can host a competition and designers can bid with their logo designs. Then the winner will receive the full money. It’s a good concept and many designers earn lots of money with their design. If you try the same in odesk you would be get paid a small amount of money for your design but 99Designs pay $150, $300 or even more per logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...